Performance Based Compensation System: Employee Contributions: Pay For Performance
(PFP): Rewarding Desired Behaviors, Does
Compensation Motivate Performance?, Designing PFP Plans, Merit Pay/Variable Pay, Individual
vs. Group Incentives, Long Term Incentives. Compensation of Special Groups: Who are Special
Groups?, Compensation Strategies For Special Groups
Module 6: (8 Hours)
Legal & Administrative Issues in Compensation: Legal Issues, Pay Discrimination,
Comparable Worth, Budgets and Administration
Module 7: (8 Hours)
Global Compensation: Recognizing Variations, Social Contract, Culture & Pay, Strategic
Choices In Global Compensation, Comparing Systems, Expatriate Pay
• Students must prepare a comprehensive compensation plan to be offered to a Sales Executive,
A General Manager and The CEO of an organization.
• Students to collect information from an IT organization regarding the Cost To Company of an
• Students have to prepare questionnaire for conducting wage survey and carry out wage survey
for any selected sector and prepare a report for the same.
Solve various case studies.
• Students must compare and analyze compensation practices in different countries.
• Students to calculate the bonus amount eligible to an employee working as a HR Executive for
the past 10 years in a automobile manufacturing organization.
• Compensation & Reward Management, BD Singh, 2 nd edition, Excel BOOKS, 2012,
ISBN: 9350620111, 9789350620113
• Compensation, Milkovich & Newman, 6 th edition, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, ISBN:
• Compensation and Benefit Design, Bashker D. Biswas, FT Press, 2012, ISBN:
• An Introduction to Executive Compensation, Steven Balsam, Academic Press, 2002,
ISBN: 0080490425, 9780080490427
• Strategic Compensation, Joseph J. Martocchio, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2004, ISBN:
• Compensation Management in a Knowledge based world, Richard I. Anderson, 10th
edition, Pearson Education
• Compensation Management, Er Soni Shyam Singh, Excel Books, ISBN: 8174465766,