1. What are the methods of population forecasting?
1. Arithmetic increase method
2. Geometric increase method
3. Method of varying increment (or) Incremental increase method
4. Decreasing rate of growth method
5 .Simple graphical method
6. Comparative graphical method
7. Master plan method (or) zoning method
8. The logistic curve method
2. Define design period?
The future period for which a provision is mode in the water supply scheme is
known as design period.
3. What are the factors governing the design period?
The factors governing design period are,
a. Design period should not exceed the life period of the structure.
b. If the funds are not in a sufficient, the design period as to be decreased.
c. The rate of interest on borrowing and the additional money invested.
4. What are various type of water demand?
a. Domestic water demand
c. Institution and commercial
d. Demand for public use
e. Fire demands
5. What are the various type of water available on the earth?
1. Surface sources such as
a. ponds and lakes
b. Stream and rivers
c. Storage reservoirs
2. Sub surface sources
b. Infiltration galleries
c. Infiltration wells
d. Wells and tube wells
6. What is hydrologic cyde?
Water is lost to the atmosphere as vapor from the earth. Which is then precipitated
back in the form of rain, snow, hail dew, sleet or frost etc.This process is known as