6. Dedicated DSP can do better than general purpose DSP.
Applications of DSP
2. Speech synthesis in which white noise (all frequency components present to the
same level) is filtered on a selective frequency basis in order to get an audio signal.
3. Speech compression and expansion for use in radio voice communication.
4. Speech recognition.
5. Signal analysis.
6. Image processing: filtering, edge effects, enhancement.
7. PCM used in telephone communication.
8. High speed MODEM data communication using pulse modulation systems such as
FSK, QAM etc. MODEM transmits high speed (1200-19200 bits per second) over a
band limited (3-4 KHz) analog telephone wire line.
9. Wave form generation.
Classification of Signals
Based on Variables:
f(t)=5t : single variable
f(x,y)=2x+3y : two variables
S1= A Sin(wt) : real valued signal
S2 = A ejwt : A Cos(wt)+j A Sin(wt) : Complex valued signal
S4(t)= S 2(t) : Multichannel signal
Ex: due to earth quake, ground acceleration recorder
Ir(x, y, t)
I(x,y,t)= Ig(x, y, t) multidimensional
Ib(x, y, t)
Based on Representation: