2. Semi-circular beam simply-supported on three equally spaced supports.
1. Laterally loaded struts - subjected to uniformly distributed and concentrated loads –
2. Maximum B.M. and stress due to transverse and lateral loading.
Direct and Bending Stresses:
1. Stresses under the combined action of direct loading and bending moment, core of a section –
2. Determination of stresses in the case of chimneys, retaining walls and dams - conditions for stability stresses due to direct
loading and bending moment about both axis.
1. Introduction - Centroid principle axes of section –
2. Graphical method for locating principal axes - Moments of inertia referred to any set of rectangular axes –
Stresses in beams subject to unsymmetrical bending –
4. Principal axes - Resolution of bending moment into two rectangular axes through the centroid - Location of neutral axis –
Deflection of beams under unsymmetrical bending.
1. Introduction - Shear center for symmetrical and unsymmetrical (channel, I, T and L) sections.
1. Thin seamless cylindrical shells –
2. Derivation of formula for longitudinal and circumferential stresses –
3. hoop, longitudinal and volumetric strains –