GOVERNMENT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING KALAHANDI BHAWANIPATNA
PREPARED BY MR.GOPAL BEHERA, ASST. PROFESSOR, CSE
2. APPLICTION SOFTWARE: It consists of stand-alone program those services to
Ex: MS Office
3. ENGINEERING SOFTWARE / SPECIFIC SOFTWARE: These are algorithm,
engineering & scientific software.
Ex: CAD, Simulators
4. EMBADED SOFTWARE: These are resides of another product & used to implement
and control some features and functionality for an user.
Ex: Remote control
5. WEB APPLICATION SOFTWARE: It is a set of linked http that presents information
using text & limited graphics.
Ex: Computer graphics & multi media.
6. ARTIFITIAL INTELLIGENCE SOFTWARE: These software is used the non
algorithms to solve the complex
Ex: Robotics & pattern reorganization.
7. PRODUCT LINE SOFTWARE: These software‟s are designed to provide a specific
capability by means of customer. Ex: Whatsapp, Wechat, Viber, Line etc.
8. REAL TIME SOFTWARE: These are applicable to provide the information in a
particular time. Ex: Time bomb.
Software engineering is diverted into the presentation of concepts, tools & techniques
during the various phases of software development.
Software engineering is developed by Dr. Richard Thayer in 2003
It is a series of predictable step or different steps/road map that helps to create a timely
high quality result.
It provides a stable controlled & organized activity that can perform by an organization.
Step 1: Information gathering/requirement analysis:It involves the communication or collaboration of customer/end user/stake holder.
Accompany the requirement by gathering information or similar process.
Step 2: Planning /specification:To establish a plan for software engineering, which describes the technical task, to be
Step 3: Modeling/designing:3