pseudoelasticeffect, NiTi alloy, applications – nanomaterials: preparation (bottom up and top down
approaches),properties and applications – carbon nanotubes: types.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of this course,
The students will have knowledge on the various phase diagrams and their applications
The students will acquire knowledge on Fe-Fe3C phase diagram,various microstructures andalloys
The students will get knowledge on mechanical properties of materials and their measurement
The students will gain knowledge on magnetic, dielectric and superconducting properties ofmaterials
the students will understand the basics of ceramics, composites and nanomaterials.
1. Balasubramaniam, R. ―Callister's Materials Science and Engineering. Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.,
2. Raghavan, V. ―Physical Metallurgy: Principles and Practice. PHI Learning, 2015.
3. Raghavan, V. ―Materials Science and Engineering: A First course. PHI Learning, 2015.
1. Askeland, D. ―Materials Science and Engineering‖. Brooks/Cole, 2010.
2. Smith, W.F., Hashemi, J. & Prakash, R. ―Materials Science and Engineering.
Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd., 2014.
3. Wahab, M.A. ―Solid State Physics: Structure and Properties of Materials.
Narosa Publishing House, 2009.