ANTENNA ENGINEERING (3-1-0)
Antenna Definition,Principles of Radiation, Basic antenna parameters, Retarded
Vector Magnetic Potential, Radiation field from Current element., Current
Distribution on a thin Wire. Half wave dipole and Quarterwave monopole.
Two-element array. Principle of Pattern Multiplication. Linear Array. Broadside
and end fire patterns, Balun.
Folded Dipole, Yagi Antenna. Frequency Independent Antenna. Log Periodic
Dipole array, Secondary Source and Aperture Antennas (Basics & applications).
Horn Antennas-Pyramidal & Sectoral Horn. Radiation Pattern and Gain of horn
antenna. Parabolic Reflector Antenna -Principle, analysis, Radiation Pattern and
Gain. Principles of Cassegrain Antenna.
Microstrip Antenna – Basic Characteristics, Rectangular Patch, Radiation
principle, Feeding Techniques,Cavity model.
Antenna Measurements – Radiation Pattern, Gain and Input Impedance.
1. Electromagnetic Wave and Radiating system by E. C. Jordan and K.G. Balmain,
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15.
2. Antennas Theory – Analysis and Design by C. Balanis, 2nd Edition, John Willey
& Sons Selected portion Ch. 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16.
1. Antenna Engineering by J. D. Krauss.
2. Antenna Engineering by W. L. Weeks.
3. Antennas and Wave Propagation by G. S. N. Raju, Pearson Education.
4. Antenna & Wave Propagation by R E. Collins.