MICROPROCESSORS by DUSHYANTH KUNDANATI
Figure 1.3: Functional Block diagram or ARCHIT ECTURE of 8085
• It is an 8-bit register used to perform arithmetic, logical, I/O &
• It is connected to internal data bus & ALU.
Arithmetic and logic unit
• As the name suggests, it performs arithmetic and logical
operations like Addition, Subtraction, AND, OR, etc. on 8 -bit
General purpose register
• There are 6 general purpose registers in 8085 processor, i.e. B,
C, D, E, H & L.
• Each register can hold 8 -bit data.
• These registers can work in pair to hold 16 -bit data and their
pairing combination is like B-C, D-E & H-L.