LECTURE NOTES ON ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY –R15
UNIT-IV 3-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS
Polyphase Induction Motors-Construction Details of Cage and Wound Rotor Machines- Principle of Operation – Slip- Rotor Emf and Rotor Frequency - Torque Equation- Torque Slip
UNIT – V SYNCHRONOUS MACHINES
Principle And Constructional Features of Salient Pole and Round Rotor Machines – E.M.F
Equation- Voltage Regulation by Synchronous Impedance Method- Theory of Operation of
After going through this course the student gets a thorough knowledge on DC Motors &
Generators, Transformers and Induction motors with which he/she can able to apply the above
conceptual things to real-world problems and applications.
1. Electric Machines –by I.J.Nagrath & D.P.Kothari,Tata Mc Graw Hill, 7th Edition.2005
2. Basic Electrical Engineering –By T.K.Nagasarkar and M.S. Sukhija Oxford University Press.
1. Electrical and Electronic Technology, Hughes, Pearson Education.
2. Electrical Machines, P. S. Bimbhra, Khanna Publishers, 2011.
3. Basic Electrical Engineering, 2nd Edition, V.N. Mittle and Aravind Mittal, Mc Graw hill Education,
DEPARTMENT OF EEE