8. Pointer :
Addresses and pointers. The address of operator and pointer and
arrays. Pointer and Faction pointer and C-types string. Memory
management : New and Delete, pointers to objects, debugging
9. Virtual Function :
Virtual Function, friend function, Static function, Assignment and copy
initialization, this pointer, dynamic type information.
10. Streams and Files :
Streams classes, Stream Errors, Disk File I/O with streams, file
pointers, error handling in file I/O with member function, overloading
the extraction and insertion operators, memory as a stream object,
command line arguments, and printer output.
11. Templates and Exceptions :
Function templates, Class templates Exceptions
12. The Standard Template Library :
Introduction algorithms, sequence containers, iteators, specialized
iteators, associative containers, strong user-defined object, function
Term work / Practical : Each candidate will submit a journal in which at
least 10 assignments based on the above syllabus and the internal paper.
Test will be graded for 10 marks and assignments will be graded for 15
1. Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore Techmedia
2. The complete reference C – by Herbert shieldt Tata McGraw Hill
3. Object Oriented Programming in C++ Saurav Sahay Oxford University
4. Object Oriented Programming in C++ R Rajaram New Age
International Publishers 2nd.
5. OOPS C++ Big C++ Cay Horstmann Wiley Publication.