Average Notes Tricks Shortcuts
In this,we will study the topic "Average" .Solve the exercise with the tricks & tips and
shortcuts on the MCQs type questions. Also see the proper examples and full explanation.
Candidates preparing for ibps bank exam (Clerk,PO,SO) can also download these "must have
notes" in the PDF format.
What is average
Average(???) is a simple mean.It is calculated on the sum of elements divided by the numbers
of elements.In the school time,you will learn about the average is the mean of the numbers that is
same as competitive exam also.
Average=(Sum of elements/Numbers of elements)
Find Average Speed
Suppose a person covers a certain distance at M kmph and an equal distance at N kmph. Then the
average speed during the whole journey is kmph.
Important Formula Related to Average of numbers
1. Average of first n natural number=(n+1)/2
2. Average of first n even number= (n+1)
3. Average of first n odd number= n
4. Average of consecutive number= (First number+Last number)/2
5. Average of 1 to n odd numbers= (Last odd number+1)/2
6. Average of 1 to n even numbers= (Last even number+2)/2