Scope of E-Commerce:
Internet e-commerce is one part of the overall sphere of e-commerce.
Electronic Commerce and the trade cycle:
It can be applied to all, or to different phases of the trade cycle
The trade cycle various depending on
➢ The nature of the organizations
➢ Frequency of trade between the patterns to the exchange
➢ The nature of goods and services being exchanged
Trade cycle support
1. Finding goods and services (referred to as a search & negotiation)
2. Placing the order, taking delivery & making payment (execution and settlement)
3. After sales activities such as warrantee, services etc.
The three generic trade cycles can be identified:
1. Regular, repeat transactions (repeat trade cycle)
2. Irregular transactions, where execution & settlement are separated (credit transactions)
3. Irregular transactions where execution & settlement are combined (cash transactions)