Introduction:- Purpose of testing, Dichotomies, model for testing, consequences of
bugs, taxonomy of bugs
Flow graphs and Path testing:- Basics concepts of path testing, predicates, path
predicates and achievable paths, path sensitizing, path instrumentation, application of
Transaction Flow Testing:-transaction flows, transaction flow testing techniques.
Dataflow testing:- Basics of dataflow testing, strategies in dataflow testing, application of
Domain Testing:-domains and paths, Nice & ugly domains, domain testing, domains
and interfaces testing, domain and interface testing, domains and testability.
Paths, Path products and Regular expressions:- path products & path expression,
reduction procedure, applications, regular expressions & flow anomaly detection.
State, State Graphs and Transition testing:- state graphs, good & bad state graphs,
state testing, Testability tips.
Graph Matrices and Application:-Motivational overview, matrix of graph, relations,
power of a matrix, node reduction algorithm, building tools. ( Student should be given an
exposure to a tool like JMeter or Win-runner).
TEXT BOOKS :
1. Software Testing techniques – Baris Beizer, Dreamtech, second edition.
2. Software Testing Tools – Dr.K.V.K.K.Prasad, Dreamtech.
1. The craft of software testing – Brian Marick, Pearson Education.
2. Software Testing Techniques – SPD(Oreille)
3. Software Testing in the Real World – Edward Kit, Pearson.
4. Effective methods of Software Testing, Perry, John Wiley.
5. Art of Software Testing – Meyers, John Wiley.
Downloaded From JNTU World (http://www.alljntuworld.in)