C - LANGUAGE
C is a general-purpose, high-level language that was originally
developed by Dennis M. Ritchie to develop the UNIX operating system
at Bell Labs. C was originally first implemented on the DEC PDP-11
computer in 1972.
The UNIX operating system, the C compiler, and essentially all UNIX
applications programs have been written in C. The C has now become a
widely used professional language for various reasons.
• Easy to learn
• Structured language
• It produces efficient programs.
• It can handle low-level activities.
• It can be compiled on a variety of computer platform
Compile & Execute C Program:
Lets look at how to save the source code in a file, and how to compile
and run it. Following are the simple steps:
1. Open a text editor and add the above-mentioned code.
2. Save the file as hello.c
3. Open a command prompt and go to the directory where you
saved the file.
4. Type gcc hello.c and press enter to compile your code.
5. If there are no errors in your code the command prompt will
take you to the next line and would generate a.out executable
6. Now, type a.out to execute your program.