Introduction to Information Technology
Basics concept of IT, Concept of data and information, Generations and Classification
of Computers, Organization of computers: CPU, Memory, Input and Output devices, File
2. Software and Computer LanguagesSoftware, Types of software: System software, Application software, Utility software,
Firmware. Generations and Types of Programming Languages, Programming
Paradigms: procedural oriented and object oriented programming, Computer Security.
3. Communications and InternetData communications, Analog and digital signal, Communication media, Network
topology, Network categories, The OSI model and TCP/IP model, Internet addressing,
Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web browsers, URL, WWW, HTTP, E-mail, File
transfer, Domain Name System (DNS), Wireless technology: GPS, Wi-Fi.
4. Applications of IT
IT in Home, Entertainment, Business, Industry, Science, Engineering and Medicine,
Online banking, Online shopping, E-Learning, E-commerce, M-Commerce, EGovernment.
5. Latest IT Trends
Artificial intelligence, Data warehousing, Data mining, Overview of geographic
information system (GIS), Cloud computing, Information and communications
technology (ICT), Parallel computing, Introduction to web services.
1. Fundamental of Computer 5th Edition By V. Rajaraman, PHI Publication.
2. Introduction to Information Te chnology by V. Rajaraman, PHI Publication.
3. Information technology today By S. Jaiswal.
4. Fundamental of IT: Leon and Leon, Leon Tec World.
5. Introduction to Information Technology by Aksoy and DeNardis, Cengage Learning .
By Umesh KUmar (mCa) GGU 2 PaGe