CALIBRATION OF ROTAMETER
EXP NO :
To determine the percentage error in Rotameter with the actual flow rate .
1. Rotameter (0 – 10 LPM range)
2. Single phase monoblock pumpset (0.5 HP, 1440 RPM)
3. Reservoir tank arrangement.
4. Measuring tank arrangement.
5. Piping System „
1. Switch on the motor and the delivery valve is opened
2. Adjust the delivery valve to control the rate in the pipe
3. Set the flow rate in the Rotameter, for example say 50 liters per minute
4. Note down the time taken for 10 cm rise in collecting tank
5. Repeat the experiment for different set of Rotameter readings
6. Tabular column is drawn and readings are noted
7. Graph is drawn by plotting Rotameter reading Vs percentage error of the Rotamete]
Actual rate of flow Qact = Ah/t m3/sec
A = Area of the measuring tank in „m2 „
h = Difference in levels of water in „m‟ x (10- 2)
t = Time taken for 10 cm rise of water level in collecting tank in„Seconds‟