COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING AND MODELING LABORATORY
To develop skill to use software to create 2D and 3D models.
LIST OF EXERCISES USING SOFTWARE CAPABLE OF DRAFTING AND
1. Study of capabilities of software for Drafting and Modeling – Coordinate systems
(absolute, relative, polar, etc.) – Creation of simple figures like polygon and general multiline figures.
2. Drawing of a Title Block with necessary text and projection symbol.
3. Drawing of curves like parabola, spiral, involute using Bspline or cubic spline.
4. Drawing of front view and top view of simple solids like prism, pyramid, cylinder, cone,
etc, and dimensioning.
5. Drawing front view, top view and side view of objects from the given pictorial views (Ex.
V-block, Base of a mixie, Simple stool, Objects with hole and curves).
6. Drawing of a plan of residential building (Two bed rooms, kitchen, hall, etc.)
7. Drawing of a simple steel truss.
8. Drawing sectional views of prism, pyramid, cylinder, cone, etc,
9. Drawing isometric projection of simple objects.
10. Creation of 3-D models of simple objects and obtaining 2-D multi-view drawings from 3D model.
Plotting of drawings must be made for each exercise and attached to the records
written by students.