VALLIAMMAI ENGINEERING COLLEGE
SRM NAGAR, KATTANKULATHUR – 603 203
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Instructions to the students
The following instructions must be followed by the students in their laboratory classes.
1. Students are expected to be punctual to the lab classes. If they are late, they
will be considered absent for that particular session.
2. Students should strictly maintain the dress code.
3. Students must bring their observation note, record note (completed with
previous experiment) and the calculator to every lab class without fail.
4. Students are advised to come with full preparation for their lab sessions by
Reading the detailed procedure of the experiment from the
Completion of observation note book (i.e.) Aim, Apparatus
required, Formula (with description), least count calculation,
diagrams and the tabular column should be written in the
observation note before entering into the laboratory.
5. Data entry in the observation note book must be by pen only.
6. Students must get attestations immediately for their observed readings.
7. Students should complete their calculations for their experiments and get it
corrected on the same day of that experiment.
8. Students who miss observation, record note they have to do the experiment
once again and get it corrected.
9. Class assessment marks for each experiment is based only on their
performance in the laboratory.
10. Record note has to be completed then and there and get corrected when the
students are coming for the next lab class.
11. Students must strictly maintain silence during lab classes.
12. If any of the students is absent for the lab class for genuine reasons, he/she
will be permitted to do the experiment during the repetition class only.
13. Students are advised to perform their experiments under safety care.
14. If any student is found causing damage to the lab equipments, he/she shall
replace the same with a new.